Heavy Hexagon Nuts – ASTM A 563M
Metric Series – Dimensions & Physical Properties
- The nuts will generally conform to ANSI 822.214.171.124M – Metric Heavy Hexagonal Nuts
- Thread will conform to class 6H of ANSI B1.13M for Coarse Series
- Material & Heat Treatment: To achieve mechanical properties of Properties Class 8S or 10S of ASTM A563M
- Nuts of Property Class 8S are used with bolts of ASTM A325M – Type 1 (uncoated). Nuts of Property class 10S are used with bolts of ASTM A325M – Type 1 (Zinc-coated) (in general nuts of a higher property class can replace nuts of lower class in a join).
- In Bolt/Nut assembly, tightening should be done by rotation of nut.
- Sizes in brackets are non preferred standards.
- All dimensions are in millimeters.
|Normal Thread Size||Pitch||W Max||C Max||H Nom|
|Property Class||For use with Bolts of type and finish||Proof Load Stress N/MM2||Rockwell Hardness HR|
|8S||ASTM A 325M
Type 1 (non-coated)
|10S||ASTM A 325M
Type 1 (zinc coated)
|1,245 (Normal Tapping)
1,165 (Oversize Tapping)
|C26 – C38|